Healthy Crack Chicken
Yesterday my daughter requested her favorite dish… Healthy Crack Chicken! I got so many people who wanted this recipe from my stories... so here you go!
The best part about this recipe is that it is fast and easy! It’s the perfect weeknight meal for busy mom life!
* 1.5 lbs frozen chicken breast (frozen for Instant Pot method because it takes extra time to cook the dry rice)
* 2 cloves garlic minced
* 1 tsp onion powder
* 1 tsp dill dried
* 1 tsp parsley dried
* 1/2 tsp pepper
* 1 cup rice dry (brown or white)
* 1 cup chicken broth low sodium, 2 cups if cooking on the stove top
* 3/4 cup Greek yogurt plain, 2%
* 2/3 cup cheddar cheese shredded
* 8 slices turkey bacon cooked and chopped, or regular or pre-cooked bacon
1. Lightly spray your pot insert with oil. Place frozen chicken in the bottom of your pot.
2. Sprinkle garlic, onion powder, dill, parsley, and black pepper over your chicken.
3. Push frozen chicken breast to one side of your pot, and add your rice.
4. Pour the chicken broth on top of your rice.
5. Close the lid and turn the pressure valve to sealing. Cook on high pressure for 25 minutes.
6. When the pressure valve drops remove the lid of your Instant pot.
7. Using two forks (or a mixer) shred your chicken, and stir to combine chicken and rice.
8. Add the bacon, Greek yogurt and cheddar cheese. Stir well to combine. Top with green onions and additional cheddar cheese, as desired. Serve warm.