BBQ Chicken with some kick!
Updated: Jun 24
I love this recipe because it is clean, meaning it has no processed sugar in it and it's easy. Like make it in 20 min easy! If you have an Instant Pot then you can be eating pulled BBQ chicken in less then an hour. I served it on whole wheat rolls and pickles for the kids and over some sauteed spinach for me. Throw in some sweet potato fries and you have an amazing week night meal.
Here are some tips and tricks to this recipe:
- Use Coconut Aminos instead of soy sauce (better for ya)
- Use Raw Honey instead of processed (it's actually a super food, who knew?!?!)
- Use 1 Chipotle if your kids don't like spice or two if you don't have to worry about that.
- Make a double batch and freeze half for another night!
1 cup chicken broth
1 6 oz can of tomato paste
1/3 cup cider vinegar
1/4 cup raw honey
1/4 cup coconut aminos (or soy sauce)
2 tbs brown mustard
2 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp onion powder
1 garlic clove crushed
2 tbsp liquid smoke
1-2 chipotles in adobo sauce chopped
2 tbsp adobo sauce
2 lbs chicken
1. In a large bowl mix together everything accept chicken. 2. Pour ingredients over chicken and cook in the crockpot on high for 6 hours. 3. Pull the chicken and serve. 4. For the Slow cooker cook 4-5 hours 5. For the Instant Pot cook 20 min
21 day Fix Container count: 1 Red (measure out) and 1 teaspoon.
This would make a great lunch served with a little feta and over greens for the week! You know...cause everything is betta with feta! Enjoy this recipe and let me know if you make it and how you like it. Here is a video of me doing a recipe demonstration, enjoy!