Vegan Pumpkin Cookies
My kids tried these and loved them! Nobody knew they were gluten and dairy free. My daughter says they are like gingerbread cookies with pumpkin.
We hope you enjoy these as much as we do!
3 tablespoons melted coconut oil
2 tablespoons maple syrup
¾ cup coconut sugar
⅔ cup pumpkin puree
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 tablespoon cinnamon
2 teaspoons ground ginger
1 teaspoon nutmeg
¼ teaspoon ground cloves
½ teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. In a large mixing bowl (or bowl for a standing electric mixer), combine the pumpkin puree, coconut oil, sugar, maple syrup and vanilla.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk together all the dry ingredients. Be sure to spoon and level the flours into the dry measuring cup, don't scoop right from the bag.
4. Combine the wet with the dry and beat just until the dry ingredients are well combined, but careful not to over mix. Use a wooden spoon to finish mixing and make sure all of the flour is well incorporated.
5. Use a cookie scoop or roll into 1.5 inch balls.
6. Flatten slightly into a cookie shape, about 1/2 inch thick. They will spread, but not much, while baking.
7. Place on a baking tray lined with parchment paper and bake for 15-18 minutes. 15 is ideal in my oven, and keep in mind they will continue to harden as they cool. Keep in an airtight container in the fridge.
I dotted mine with a few dairy free chocolate chips.