Stuffed Peppers get a no carb facelift!
I'm on a true mission this week to try all things stuffed (see stuffed zucchini recipe too!)! Found this recipe from Ilana and it was so amazing and flavorful. I had two of these bad boys (peppers) with a salad and felt so good after! Cauliflower rice is used instead of regular and honestly you don't miss it...you don't miss the bloat either! This came together in 20 min and was super flavorful. Mike (the hubby) couldn't believe that there was no rice in it! Gotta love it when you can healthily fool your loved ones...haha. The best part is that I have leftover filling to enjoy! Ilana suggests putting it over more veggies, perfect! Hope you enjoy this recipe!
Cauliflower Stuff Peppers
1 Large Onion chopped
Olive oil cooking spray
Ground beef (1lb)
Cauliflower rice (16 oz bag)
Shredded Cheddar cheese - 1 cup
3 Bell Peppers (large)
Petite Diced Tomatoes (3/4 cup)
Spices of your choice (1Tablespoon each)
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Pre-heat overn to 350
2. Spray a large skillet with olive oil and caramelize the onions
3. Meanwhile wash and cut your pepper vertically and take out membranes.
4. spray peppers with olive oil and place in the oven for 10 min.
5. Add Ground Beef to your skillet. Once it starts to cook down add in your cauliflower. If it's frozen nuke it for 5-10 min and remove excess water.
6. Add in spices - I used 1 Tablespoon of used garlic powder, thyme, oregano and sage. Then add in salt and pepper to taste.
7. Add in your diced tomatoes and combine.
8. Stuff your peppers and top with cheese. Save leftover filling for another meal.
9. Put in the oven for 10 minutes or until it's tender enough and cooked through.