Spaghetti Squash Lasagna
1 lb of spicy Italian turkey sausage, casings removed
1/4 onion diced
2 cloves of garlic minced
1 1/4 cup of ricotta cheese
1 1/2 cups of tomato sauce
1 cooked spaghetti squash (about 4 cups of squash)
2/3 cup of mozzarella cheese
1 Tbl Parmesan cheese
salt and pepper
1. Spray a pan with olive oil cooking spray, saute onion until soft. Add turkey sausage and brown until cooked through. Add garlic and cook for an additional minute. Remove from heat.
2. Prepare your squash.
3. Stir an egg, parmesan cheese, and a sprinkle of pepper into the ricotta.
4. Preheat your oven to 375. Spray a casserole dish with olive oil cooking spray and begin the layering process.
5. First, spoon about half of your sauce on the bottom of the casserole dish.
6. Next, add the cooked sausage. Layer spaghetti squash over the sausage then add the rest of the sauce and some fresh chopped basil.
7. Finally, top sauce with the ricotta cheese mixture and then add the shredded mozzarella.
8. Bake until cheese is melty and bubbly – about 15-20 mins. To brown the cheese, broil on low for 5-10 minutes at the end, but watch carefully.