Sheet Pan Sausage & Sweet Potato
Easy weeknight meals are a must with 2 active teenagers and crazy mom life!
A healthier and easy alternative to the drive through… one pan meals are the best!
2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into medium-sized cubes
3 Tbsp olive oil
1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
1 tsp garlic powder
Fresh ground black pepper to taste
1 pkg. (4 or 5 links) chicken, turkey, or pork sausage (about 14-16 oz. sausage)
1 lb. Green beans trimmed
Salt and additional fresh-ground black pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 450F & spray sheet pan with non-stick spray.
2. Cut up two medium sweet potatoes into 1 inch cubes.
3. Whisk together the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, garlic powder, and black pepper.
4. Put sweet potato cubes into a bowl and toss with half the oil-balsamic mixture.
5. Spread sweet potatoes out on a sheet pan, put pan in the oven, and roast for 15 mins.
6. Cut sausage into pieces.
7. Wash & trim green beans & toss with remainder oil & vinegar mixture.
8. When sweet potatoes have roasted 15 minutes, add sausage pieces & green beans and roast for 10 min.
9. Turn the sausage pieces over and roast an additional 5-10 min.
10. Season with a little salt and fresh-ground black pepper and serve hot.