High Protein Carrot Cake Muffins
Addicted to these high protein Carrot cake muffins...or can make as a cake!!!
I split this cake into 5 servings, and one serving is 18 grams of protein. Then I have a serving of Greek yogurt (16 more grams) & two slices of turkey bacon to make this a whopping 41grams of protein for breakfast! Soooo good!
* 3 cups shredded carrots
* 1.5 cup rolled oats
* 12 eggs, slightly beaten
* 4.5 tsp baking powder
* 6 tsp cinnamon
* 1 tsp nutmeg
* 3 tsp vanilla
* Optional add: 1/3 cup raisins & sweetener of choice: 1/3 cup maple syrup/honey or add in liquid stevia to taste (I do stevia), or a 1/3 cup baking stevia.
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Line muffin pan with cups or spray with cooking spray.
3. Combine all ingredients in a bowl, then take 3/4 of the batter and pulse in a blender until smooth. If you like a chunkier muffin, blend less batter. Return the blended portion to the bowl and mix well.
4. Pour equal amounts into 12 muffin cups and bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown on top.
5. Serve with peanut butter and/or honey drizzled on top for extra sweetness!
Keep refrigerated up to one week. Enjoy!