Soooo good! Does not disappoint! This Chicken Tagine is one of our favorites from our clean eating recipe collection.
Served with yellow rice and asparagus. Using Chicken thighs and legs will reduce the cost of this amazing and flavorful dish!
2 pounds of boneless skinless chicken thighs
1.5 tsp. sea salt divided
1 tsp. ground black pepper divided
2 cups chopped tomato
1 cup roughly chopped onion
5 cloves garlic minced
1 medium lemon, juiced, zested
1 Tbsp. ground sweet paprika
1 Tbsp. ground turmeric
1 tsp. ground cumin
1 tsp. ground ginger
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
1 tsp. ground coriander
1⁄2 tsp. ground allspice
1⁄4 tsp. ground cardamom
1 Tbsp. olive oil
1 cup organic c
1. Season chicken thighs with a pinch or two of salt and pepper; Brown both sides in a dutch oven. set aside.
2. Preheat oven to 325° F
3. Add tomato, onion, garlic, lemon juice, lemon zest, paprika, turmeric, cumin, ginger, cinnamon, coriander, allspice, cardamom and remaining salt and pepper to a blender; cover.
4. Blend until a smooth paste forms.
5. Heat oil in a large Dutch oven (or any oven-safe pot with a lid) over medium heat until fragrant.
6. Add tomato mixture; cook, stirring often, for 5 to 7 minutes, or until most of liquid has evaporated and pot is sizzling.
7. Add chicken pieces, broth, bring to a boil.
8. Place pot in oven, partially covered.
9. Cook for 1- 1.5 hours or until the chicken pulls apart easily.
It seems like a lot of steps, but the hardest part is measuring out all these spices! But it’s beyond flavorful. Let me know if you make it!