Meat Loaf Muffins
Updated: Jun 24, 2021
These meatloaf muffins are my sons favorite! It's usually a winter thing so I hadn't made these made these all summer. Each week I let the kids request meals...because I truly believe in engaging them in dinner so that they are excited to eat it! This turned out amazing! I served it with Green beans and red smashed potatoes.
- 1 lbs lean ground turkey or ground sirloin beef
- 1 egg
- ½ cup of oats
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- ½ cup of chopped celery
- ½ cup of shredded carrots or zucchini
- ½ cup of broccoli slaw
- 3 cloves of garlic minced
- ¼ Cup chopped onion, minced
- ½ tsp paprika
- ½ tsp dry mustard
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 12 small cubes of mozzarella cheese (about half an 8oz bar)
2 T Raw honey
1 cup tomato sauce
1tsp Worcestershire sauce
1. Preheat oven to 450 and spray a muffin tin with olive oil.
2. Puls slaw, onion, carrots and garlic in food processor until fine.
3. Mix in meat, egg, oats and veggies and remainder ingredients.
4. Whisk together ingredients for the sauce and set aside.
5. Using a cupcake scooper dole out scoops to each muffin tin and then roll into balls, placing a cube of cheese in the middle.
6. Place in tins and top with sauce.
7. Bake muffins for 20 min.
21 day Fix container count:
Serving size: 3 muffins
1 red, 1 blue, ¼ yellow and ½ green
Here is my Live I did a few years back on this recipe! It's been a tried and true favorite for a long time in the DeMatteo fam!