Lasagna Stuffed Zucchini Boats
Updated: Jun 24
We love pasta in our family, who doesn't?!?! My husband Mike is Italian so pasta is a staple....or used to be, lol! The kids especially love stuffed shells. I have not made them since starting 2B Mindset....but lucky for me I have found an alternative to the pasta shells. This alternative is seriously delish! And honestly I think my kids would like it too. They are out of town so I will have to report back on this one. My husband certainly loved it and I got the stamp of approval. He even suggested during dinner that I send his Mom the recipe....so um yeah he's a fan. It turned out so incredibly flavorful and I probably could have eaten the whole pan! To boot it also turned out to be a weight loss meal for me. This means I will be making it again. I hope you enjoy it!
4 medium zucchini (2 1/2 lbs), sliced
1 cup (8.6 oz) part-skim ricotta cheese
1 large egg
1 1/2 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley
1 1/4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
1/2 teaspoon salt
Dash of nutmeg
Olive oil cooking spray
1 3/4 cup marinara sauce of choice
1 Tbsp chopped fresh basil (optional)
1. Pre-heat oven to 400, wash and trim zucchini. Spray down a casserole dish.
2. Cut Zucchini in half vertically and scoop out.
3. Mix Ricotta cheese with egg, parmesan, mozzarella dash of nutmeg, salt and pepper.
4. Spray down zucchini with olive oil cooking spray.
5. Stuff Zucchini with filling and spoon sauce over.
6. Cover with foil and and bake for a half hour.
7. Take out, remove foil and sprinkle with additional cheese 1/4 cup and put back in for 10 min. Serve with a nice salad and enjoy!
2B Mindset approved
21 Day Fix Container Count: 1.5 Green, 1 Red, 1 Blue
Check out the video on how to make this! Follow me on FB for more videos and recipes!