Oatmeal Apple Cake
On the days I have my Dad, we bake. Yesterday we made this awesome oatmeal apple cake. No white flour or refined sugar—And a great source of fiber for my hungry big kids. They loved it. The after-school hangry moody teenager definitely approved!
I feel it’s such a gift to give our kids food that not only tastes good, but is also good fuel for you! It’s truly my greatest flex...Here ya go:
2 cups oats
2 large apples, peeled and chopped
6 Tbsp honey*
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
6 tbsp yogurt
1 box of raisins
2 Tbsp butter or coconut oil
1. Preheat the oven to 350F.
2. Process 1.5 cups of the oats then add the remaining 1/2 cup and remaining ingredients (except raisins). Mix well. Then fold in raisins. Sprinkle with pecans.
4. Prepare your pan by lining with parchment or spraying it down.
5. Bake for 30-40 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
6. After baking let the cake cool off, cut into slices, and place the slices in an airtight container in the fridge for at least an hour. This cake cake does better the longer it’s cooled. Enjoy for breakfast, dessert, fuel or snack!
Enjoy with Greek yogurt on top for that little something extra (and more protein!)
Are you apple obsessed too?!?