These are sooo good and this muffin baking hack is 🔥.
They stay together & are perfectly portioned.
My kids are loving it. Next time I will add in chia seeds and experiment with different variations.
* 1 cup oat flour, or 1 cup oats finely ground in processor or blender
* 1 tsp baking powder
* 1/2 tsp baking soda
* 1/2 tsp salt
* 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
* 2 tbsp unsalted butter, room temperature
* 1/4 cup unpacked brown sugar
* 1 large egg
* 1/4 cup honey
* 1 heaping tablespoon peanut butter
* 1/4 cup unsweetened apple sauce
* 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
* 2 cups quick oats
* 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
* 1/2 cup chopped pecans
Instructions 1. Preheat oven to 350°.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together oat flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
3. In a large bowl, use a mixer to cream together the butter and the sugar on medium speed.
6. Add the egg followed by the honey, applesauce and vanilla extract.
7. Working by hand, stir in the flour mixture and the oats until just combined and no streaks of flour remain; stir in the chocolate chips, raisins and nuts.
8. Use a 1/4 cup ice cream scoop and scoop into greased muffin tins.
9. Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until light brown at the edges. They will seem soft and under-cooked, but once cooled they will set completely.
10. Cool completely on a wire rack then put in air tight container.
Link to recipe video: