Updated: Sep 22
Looking for something to help you get that sweet fix? These banana chocolate muffins hit the spot & my kids loved them!
They are gluten free and I used the cacao chocolate chunks from @aldiusa
3 ripe bananas (~1 ¼ cup mashed)
2 large eggs (room temp)
2 cups almond flour (packed)
½ cup cocoa powder
¼ cup coconut sugar
1 tsp baking soda
½ tsp baking powder
Pinch of salt
¾ cup chocolate chunks
1. Preheat the oven to 350 F.
2. In a large mixing bowl, mash the ripe bananas using a fork or a hand mixer. Then, add eggs to the bananas and whisk them together.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk together almond flour, cocoa powder, coconut sugar, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Make sure there are no lumps left. Sift if needed.
4. Gently combine the dry ingredients into the banana and egg mixture using a spatula. Make sure not to over mix the batter.
5. Fold in the chocolate chips into the batter.
6. Scoop the batter into a prepared muffin tin, using a cookie scoop or a small ladle. Fills 12 muffins.
7. Lastly, sprinkle the muffins with a few extra chocolate chunks.
8. Bake 18 - 20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean from the middle.