Apple Granola Bars
Another healthy after school snack!
Okay… book mark this, save it, share it & make it! Apple granola bars are the new fav around here!
In my quest to find healthy snacks I found this amazing 6 ingredient recipe. Easy, good and the teens are scarfing them down!
* 1 cup packed Medjool dates pitted
* 1/4 cup honey
* 1 1/2 cups rolled oats
* 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
* 1/2 cup chopped dried apple
* 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1. Line an 8x8-inch baking pan with parchment paper, leaving some overhang on the sides for easy removal. Set aside.
2. In the bowl of a food processor, process dates and honey until they form a paste.
3. In a large mixing bowl, combine the oats and cinnamon. Stir in the dried apple and walnuts.
4. Add date mixture to oat mixture and mix, using your hands, until well combined. Transfer mixture to the prepared pan and firmly press into an even layer.
5. Chill in freezer for about 20 minutes until firm. Remove from freezer and lift granola mixture out of pan using overhang on sides. Cut into bars and serve.
Hide then because they will be gone fast!