Tostada Stuffed Peppers (low carb)
This is a great low carb dinner. Omit the beans to make this completely carb free.
3 bell peppers cleaned and halved
3 cups shredded chicken
1/2 cup onion diced
1/2 cup cilantro chopped
Juice of 1 Lime
Salt/pepper to taste
3 garlic cloves minced
1 cup black refried beans
2 cups shredded cheese
1 cup of enchilada sauce or your fav salsa plus some for bottom of pan
1. Put peppers face down and roast at 400 for 20 min.
2. While peppers cook....Sauté onion, garlic and then add chicken. Cook for a few minutes. Add in salt pepper to taste, cilantro mix. Finish off with a squeeze of lime.
3. Lay a thin layer of salsa in the bottom of a glass dish.
4. Add peppers. Split beans among peppers, then chicken and cheese.
5. Bake at 375 for 10-15 minutes, until cheese melts.
6. Top with warmed salsa and cilantro.
I served with guacamole and mexi-cauliflower rice. Enjoy!